- Quick! Don't miss the business-boosting benefits of putting your customers first
- What can we really celebrate this Youth Month?
- Background screening vs. social media checks - don't get caught up in this digital predicament
|Get jobs on your |
Research Analyst / Research (Client Side)
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Pension,|
|Location:||Cape Town, CBD|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Reference:||#RA - o|
Job descriptionTo design, manage and maintain key research systems and tools to ensure in-depth insights are derived through analytics and delivered to key stakeholders. With key focus on all strategic tracking studies (VOC/TNPS, NPS, Market Incidence trackers), ad hoc in-house research projects and an internally managed customer panel. This role interfaces with the customer team and various other business units in Woolworths and need to ensure business questions are translated to purposeful insights to inform and deliver on the customer strategy.
- Deliver core analytics and insights from VOC/Touch point NPS system. This entails ensuring representative sampling methodologies are implemented, robust responses are received through easy and simple customer processes and optimal survey design principals, reporting capabilities meet all business needs and in-depth integrated insights are delivered through proper analytics and reporting for business action-ability purposes.
- Define and ensure sampling integrity and representativity, optimal survey design and setup, processing and analyses of data of all research studies, to deliver integrated insights for higher level strategic input. This also includes building and managing/maintaining a research panel to drive cost effective insights generation.
- Responsible for all analytics from main Research tracking studies, market penetration studies as well as internal transactional data for business reporting or ad hoc business requirements. Set up and continuously enhance reporting capability.
- Gather and integrate Customer insights requirements across all channels i.e. Retail, Call centre, Online, Self-service and all other supporting business areas i.e. the Customer team. Manage stakeholder expectations of the research and translate business objectives into clear research methodology and processes that deliver actionable outputs to stakeholders.
- Work closely with peers in the Customer Insights and Advanced Analytics team and the broader customer teams to ensure integration of insights and in-depth data analysis deliver on core business needs. This includes presenting output of key deliverables to senior stakeholders with the aim of translating insights to valuable business propositions.
- Support the Voice of the Customer and Research Manager as well as the broader team to effectively manage demand, optimise processes and execute on a Research
- Continuously seek ways to improve and expand on existing capabilities to ensure cost-effective solutions drive strategic decision making
- A three to four year Degree/Diploma in Commerce, Science or Business Science or any related field of study (e.g. Econometrics /Statistics) is essential.
- A minimum five years’ experience in an analytical role specializing in strategic insights (research and analytics), data manipulation, interpretation, and report writing.
- Two to five years’ experience working with research agencies, implementing research tracking studies and robust research/insights systems and processes. Expertise in data analysis and insights formulation utilising various sources of information.
- Three to five years’ experience in customer data management, data analytics in an insights and customer research environment, preferably in the Retail sector.
- Experience in designing, re-designing, implementing and managing robust research systems, studies and panels.
- Technical aptitude in research tools and methodologies – qualitative and quantitative
- Analytical aptitude in cloud-based analytical environments and associated services/tools
- Exceeds customer’s expectations – quality and service orientated, attentive to needs of customers and other stakeholders
- Authenticity – expresses views honestly and in accordance with what I believe in
- Creativity and innovation – thinks beyond the current boundaries and implements innovative ideas
- Energetic and resilient – sustains energy, motivation and resilience in times of stress
- Evidence-based thinking – identifies core issues by examining evidence gathered from relevant sources
- Outcome-focused – works efficiently to deliver outcome focused targets
- Logical analysis – reaches valid conclusions using clear rationale and logic. Ability to translate large volumes of data into simple insights
- Accountability and ownership – takes personal responsibility for outcomes and is accountable for commitments
- Strong presentation skills – articulate thoughts and ideas clearly, ability to explain complex topics & concepts to all stakeholders simply and clearly
- Ability to translate large volumes of data into simple insights that drive seamless customer engagement
- Balanced analytical and creative thinking style
Posted on 22 May 13:38
021 674 5320