PR Account Director/Business Unit Manager
|Remuneration:||R45000 - R50000 per month negotiable cost-to-company |
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
|Job level:||Management (Snr - Executive, 5+ yrs)|
|Company:||Hook, Line & Sinker|
If you got the VIBE, then what are you waiting for - come and join our tribe!
Award-winning Cape Town-based PR and Marketing agency, Hook, Line & Sinker (HLS) is on the lookout for a senior PR guru to join our awesome team :)Have you got the HLS pizazz?
Job profile – the basics
- Are you upbeat, high energy, positive and you love to say the word yes?
- Are you solutions-oriented and deliver creative ideas that support brands on their exciting business adventures?
- Are you enquiring + curious, and like to ask why?
- Are you a self-starter, ambitious, efficient, hardworking, a dedicated team player who wants to grow in their role while mentoring and supporting others?
The HLS Account Director will manage the agency’s biggest client - an international computer software giant which comprises of a portfolio of campaigns and projects across Africa, the Middle East, North America and Europe.
You will also manage the HLS B2B team: working closely with the Senior Account Manager and the Account Executive. This includes status meetings, strategy and planning, HR and mentoring, ideas and reporting etc.
On a day-to-day level
- Writing and copywriting skills are critical. You will write in-depth articles, case studies, scripts, briefing docs etc.
- In addition, reporting and measurement, understanding corporate social media & brand guidelines, event management and great client liaison skills to manage a variety of different personalities across the globe is also key.
- Perseverance to understand our client's ecosystem which comprises of 110k employees based in 140 countries. You will need to foster relationships and understand networks, processes and platforms to optimize your work & delivery.
- Strong communication with excellent presentation capabilities.
- Aptitude to build a network of influencers and press commentators.
- Business/tech industry knowledge and strong media connections will be beneficial.
The AD will help drive employee and media awareness across the globe through a range of PR tools (such as developing press releases and blog articles, case studies, online webinar events, and social media activity). You will be key to shaping the client's reputation and profile across ten different market units comprising of: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Marketing, Communications and PR and social media. This individual is super strategic and will develop and execute communications across Paid (advertorials/marketing), Owned (website, blogs, newsletters), Shared (social media) and Earned (media relations).
You will need to constantly think the HLS way, how can I provide extra value? Provide innovative and creative ideas to clients such as video concepts, webinars, podcasts, influencer suggestions, case studies, white papers, media hosting sessions, media partnerships & advertising opportunities, social media tactics)
- Provide strategic counsel to aid the client's PR and wider employee/CSR and marketing campaigns.
- Provide comment and product/or company information to the media (newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and online news sites).
- Build relationships with global communications/marketing/ CSR folks and levering from these relationships to aid your corporate communications campaigns.
- Build relationships with media contacts.
- Liaise with clients regarding campaigns, creative projects and PR solutions.
- Brief clients and update them on campaigns.
- Brief suppliers (graphic artists/writers/videographers/photographers) for client projects and ensure they deliver to budget and brief/deadline.
- Track and monitor social media. Analyze, track and report results in written reports.
- Manage online timesheets to ensure that you (and your team) are within client budget each month.
- Client point of contact across each campaign and market unit.
- Oversee the B2B/Tech division: brainstorming, business pitches, client reporting, strategy and planning.
- Develop industry, sector, and employee-focused communications campaigns.
- Manage the needs of the client and their accounts.
- Contribute to weekly meetings and liaise and update clients on their campaign activities.
- Keep abreast of current PR/News/Media and Social Media trends and tools.
- Build client relationships and maintain a network of contacts including journalists and industry spokespeople.
- Spearhead both traditional PR and marketing & social media projects.
- Develop news angles, stories, and pitches to further the client’s profile, products, and services.
- Be involved in pitching for new business and developing proposals.
- Manage a high level of client interaction.
- Manage and mentor HLS staff.
- Strong copywriting skills
- High levels of communication - both presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Impressive emotional intelligence and interpersonal expertise.
- A passion for Tech/B2B corporate and employee communications
- Flair for creativity and strategic thinking.
- Commercially aware and business savvy.
- Good industry knowledge and experience in building influential networks.
- Solid project management skills.
- Outstanding organisation with an ability to manage multiple projects and portfolios.
Hook, Line & Sinker (HLS) is a hip and happening agency that loves the world of new-age PR & communications.
Posted on 22 Jun 10:32, Closing date 21 Aug