Packaging Graphic Designer: Retail
|Remuneration:||negotiable cost-to-company |
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have an exciting job opportunity for a talented, mid-weight Packaging Designer at a leading retailer’s internal in-house studio in Cape Town. The role exists within the retail sphere and calls for a designer with superb design skills, conceptual ability and relevant experience to create beautiful, effective work. If this sounds as fabulous to you as it is, we’d love to chat.Responsibilities
- Interpreting of briefs to meet the creative deliverables and objectives
- Meticulous attention to detail & ability to problem solve in a retail environment
- Presenting concepts - when required to
- Excellent understanding of the mechanics of packaging work that goes to repro
- Staying abreast of design trends
- Researching product trends and competitor product offering to adapt current promotional creative
- Participating in brainstorming sessions
- Providing support to the line manager.
The successful candidate must have/be:
Please submit a relevant portfolio/link along with your CV on application.Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application for this specific role, unsuccessful.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in graphic design or visual communication
- 5+ years’ experience in a packaging graphic design role within a design studio or agency
- Proficient in the latest Adobe Creative Suite
- A conceptual packaging design portfolio showcasing creative flair and work experience
- Strong Photoshop ability - beneficial
- Deadline driven
- Illustrative ability - advantageous
- Organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of print processes, finished art and repro skills
- A team player.
VGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 01 Dec 04:34, Closing date 30 Jan