|Location:||Johannesburg, Industria West|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
The Citizen has a full time, office-based vacancy in its Johannesburg (Industria West) office for an Infographic Journalist, reporting to the Deputy Editor and Creative Director. This is the ideal position for a motivated, energetic self-starter who is passionate about news and newspapers and a keen interest in current affairs.RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Create visual articles and infographics of international standards for print and digital platforms.
- Conceptualise and execute across all media platforms.
- Identify design styles and follow house CI.
- Conceptualise ideas independently or as part of a group.
- Research projects and find opportunities to use infographics.
- Take responsibility for own work, as well as the quality and standards of the newspaper.
- Tertiary degree in journalism or related field.
- A background in journalism and the media environment.
- Advanced knowledge of layout and design software, with specific reference to Adobe software
- Advanced knowledge of In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop and scripting.
- Must have a body of professionally published work.
- Knowledge of multimedia software.
- Strong designer
- Great time management skills.
- Able to collate and process large volumes of information.
- Have a firm grasp on the English language.
- Have good copywriting skills.
- Able to multi-task.
- Work according to strict deadlines.
- Able to work as part of a team to ensure a good-quality product.
- Be a pro-active self-starter.
- Must pay meticulous attention to detail and have high standards of quality.
- Get the necessary approvals for work.
- Strong news sense
- Willing to work shifts as per operational requirements.
- Have a valid driver’s license and own, reliable transport.
Posted on 23 Sep 15:27, Closing date 22 Nov