Creative Asset Manager
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
|Remuneration:||negotiable cost-to-company |
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have a terrific job opportunity for a very meticulous, mid-weight Creative Asset Manager to join the in-house Marketing department at a renowned South African hospitality Group’s Cape Town HQ. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, methodical individual with a strong technical and creative eye. This exciting role requires an individual that shows maturity and initiative with strong decision-making attributes to balance the responsibilities ranging from webmaster to Digital Designer. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate both creative and technical skills coupled with excellent detail orientated organisational and communication skills. The Creative Asset Manager should have a great understanding of how to achieve and develop project briefs to deliver on multiple clients’ needs - and provide creative technical solutions, whilst working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. One of the key responsibilities will be to work on The Group’s Creative Asset & Intellectual Property Management System. Very similar to an intranet.
You will work closely with the Marketing department, supplier partners, and Franchisees to ensure the IP platform is maintained, organised and kept up to date across all brands. You will have a direct line to the Group Creative Head.Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with the Group Creative Head, Traffic Manager, Production Manager, Designers and Brand Managers, as well as supplier partners to ensure that the requirements of the brief are met in a timely manner
- Work with other staff from the design team and brand team to develop concepts ready for client presentation
- Use conceptual and analytical skills to interpret verbal or written briefs and make accurate creative and production decisions to solve the brief requirements
- Develop and visualise material based on a broad view of criteria, strategy, financial
- constraints and other challenges determined by the brief
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both orally and in writing, to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain an archiving and cataloguing process of all material worked on for others to easily access
- Strong ability to manage creative/technical tasks from inception to delivery (own and
- Strict adherence to company philosophy, mission statement, vision, and values
- To report back to the Group Creative Head on developments, concerns, and successes of the Brand IP Platform.
- Access Control: Attending to new Creative Asset and IP Management System registrations on a daily basis
- Monthly user reporting to Brand Managers and Regional Heads; obtaining their input to ensure the removal of users that are no longer associated with the Group
- Responding to frequent Creative Asset and IP Management System enquiries and resolving them timeously
- Uploading various creative collateral in required specified formats requested by Brand Manager briefs
- Back-end maintenance and structuring
- Creating a back-end platform that is in line with the Group's current requirements, easy to navigate and user-friendly
- Back-end testing and troubleshooting
- Research, Testing and Development: ongoing innovation, research, testing and development of the Creative Asset and IP Management System, ensuring up to date, easy to navigate and user-friendly journey
- Briefing and working closely with technical supplier partners to maintain expert input, guidance and assistance. Conducting monthly status updates with the work team
- Corporate website support when required
- Provide assets, technical uploads and support to the corporate communications team when required (Financial YE, Interim Results, Image updates etc.)
- Assist the supplier partners with required assets for hardcoded request
- Working closely with Studio, Traffic, Digital and Brand Managers in formulating and streamlining systems and processes around the Creative Asset and IP Management System
- Attending and contributing to weekly status meetings and brainstorming sessions – across all brands
- Reporting on the latest developments on the Creative Asset and IP Management System
- Copy Collaboration - working closely with the Copywriters in formulating up to date copy, ensuring ongoing updates and changes are made, keeping the Creative Asset and IP Management System content relevant
- Monthly reporting to Brand Managers, Creative Group Head, Digital and Chief Marketing Officer on various user statistics
- Concept, Graphic Design, DTP and Finished Art: Assisting the Creative Group Head on special projects to populate the BF Platform with innovative campaigns and collateral
- Assisting Studio and Digital Department to build out additional creative collateral to enhance the platform
- Reviewing and approving artwork - ensuring final work provided by the design team adheres to CI requirements
- Processes and systems implementation
- Collaborating with Creative Group Head and Creative Team Lead to ensure systems are put in place and followed by Studio
- Training of Junior Designers on Creative Asset and IP Management System requirements
- Project Management: supporting Brand Managers on Creative Asset and IP Management System requirements, management and maintenance
- Ongoing project managements to deliver quality outputs on time
- Innovation: review, improve and innovate the platform to stay ahead of technical developments and growing business needs
- Traffic Support: supporting the Traffic Manager with managing the Creative Asset and IP Management System management workflow
- Admin: keep up to date with removing outdated collateral
- Admin: develop and maintain an effective archive system.
The successful candidate must have/be:
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role, unsuccessful.
- Graphic/Digital Design Degree / Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years working in the creative industry of which at least 3 years are web-based, front end and back end
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and software CC suite: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, After Effect etc.
- Exposure to HTML/CCS
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Marketing and Retail knowledge advantageous
- Understanding of workflow Management Systems: e.g. Chase, Magnetic, MS Teams, etc.
- Analytical and technical skills
- Methodical, meticulous, attention to detail, problem-solving and solutions driven
- Project Management skills
- Clear understanding of Concept Design, Graphic Design, Typesetting, DTP and Finished Art
- Good people skills: Verbal and written
- Creative and innovative
- A positive can-do attitude
- Able to multitask, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, as part of a team and in independently
- Administration skills - advantageous
- Interested in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising, digital and marketing trends, and techniques
- Interested in consumer insights
- Interested in oversight of competitor activities and successful campaigns being delivered by other agencies
- Interested in innovation in the technology space
- An interest in risks and trends related to the retail environment
- Interested in Digital developments and online strategies and trends.
VGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 29 Nov 14:14, Closing date 28 Jan