|Remuneration:||R20000 - R30000 per month basic plus commission |
|Location:||Cape Town, Diep River|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Urbantonic (Pty) Ltd|
We are looking for a highly creative, gifted and enthusiastic individual to grow, and ultimately lead, our décor styling team - someone who is a natural leader, works well under pressure, has grit and can thrive in an atmosphere of design excellence. Our industry is fast-paced and highly pressurised. Within this we are 100% focused on delivering an extremely high standard of creative work.
Ideal candidates for this position will have long-term hands-on experience in one or more of the following: floristry design and execution (florists), the styling of high-end events, on-trend décor magazine features, lifestyle shoots or private homes (interior decorators or décor stylists), or similar. However, candidates with similar experience in the fashion or theatre industries may also be suitable. It is primarily essential that you have a great eye for design, the ability to style, and can do so under tight timelines and working long hours.
The ability to balance artistic desires with commercial needs and achieve brand-consistent imagery is essential. Successful candidates must also be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects at once, without sacrificing quality.
You must be comfortable working within existing processes and be willing to work collaboratively with the styling and client service teams, but also be able to bring new concepts and problem-solving ideas to the table.Requirements:
- Produce styling concepts for events that are true to client briefs, commercially viable and in line with Hire Society’s design ethos
- Create mood boards for events and select specific products in order to deliver on the concepts proposed in the mood boards
- Aid in floral design and execution, floor layouts, general design and décor styling for mock ups, event preparation and event set ups
- Compile lists and manage and/or perform execution of the tasks on these lists to ensure efficiency in the day-to-day running of the Creative and Client Service departments
- Source various products, including flowers, objets and furniture, required for events (for both purchase and hire), liaising with suppliers and handling the required paperwork and logistics
- Work within a team to ensure that events are executed within the required timeframe and to the required standards
- Assist with all administrative paperwork required for your department to perform excellently
- Assist in social media community management and marketing
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations
- Work with Client Services and Project Managers on all of the above
Other requirements for the position are:
- Diploma/degree or equivalent in marketing, interior decorating, fashion, design, events, hospitality or similar
- A minimum of two years' work experience in décor, events, fashion, styling, magazines or theatre.
- An eye for style, creativity and attention to detail
- An understanding of décor trends and emerging brands
- Willing to work paid overtime on a regular basis
- Drivers licence and own transport
Urbantonic is a creative, vibrant, and cutting-edge event design company based in Diep River, Cape Town. We are currently an office team of 16 but we’re anticipating growing back to our pre-COVID size of about 22 to 26 ‘office’ employees in the next two years. We style events from concept generation through to execution in the areas of event design, décor, floristry, lighting and furniture. We are passionate about both corporate brands and private events (such as weddings and birthdays) working with exceptional design skill in both areas.
Posted on 17 Aug 15:43, Closing date 16 Oct