The winners of the 11th edition of The Radio Awards were announced on today, Friday 30 July 2021, in an online awards ceremony hosted by comedian Loyiso Madinga. A total of 80 winners were celebrated across 30 categories.
The 13th annual IAB Bookmark Awards took place today in a prestigious virtual celebration. Hosted by the multi skilled Selae Thobakgake and Merica Monamodi; the most thrilling and innovative digital marketing campaigns of the past year were announced.
Construction on The Capital Mbombela's R205m project, set to be a game-changer on the city's hotel and accommodation industries, is well underway with an anticipated hotel opening set for November 2021.
"The city hasn't seen any significant new additions to its hotel repertoire since development ahead of the 2010 FIFA World Cup projects," says Marc Wachsberger, managing director of The Capital Hotels and Apartments.
"Its status as a leading city in Mpumalanga, at the heart of the province's tourism and agriculture sectors, means that the time is perfect to build an exciting new offering that will be appealing to tourists and corporates alike."
According to a new NielsenIQ report, South Africa's latest liquor ban equated to a loss of R7,6bn during the four weeks it lasted (based on average sales - 13 weeks to end of May 2021 of R1,9bn per week).
World Travel Market Africa, which takes place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC), from Monday,6 to Wednesday, 8 April 2020, is set to be one of the African continent's largest and leading business-to-business travel trade show yet.
With pioneering innovations, hyper-focused events and opportunity-enabling partnerships, attendees can look forward to:
• More than 6,200 visitors and travel professionals attend
• Over 738 exhibiting companies, representing 100 countries
• Over 1,000 registered buyers
• An array of high-profile speakers and world-class experts confirmed for more than 300 seminars/sessions
• The growth of Travel Forward focusing on the technology trends for the industry
• Equal Africa making its debut, bringing together travel suppliers and buyers as well as lifestyle brands targeting the LGBTQ+ community
• The introduction of the Asata Travel Agents’ Academy in partnership with WTM Africa, which is geared towards travel agents training and growth
• The inaugural WTM African Travel and Tourism Awards, which celebrates and honours the stars of African tourism and the stories behind their journeys
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This Message Board accepts no liability of legal consequences that arise from the Message Boards (e.g. defamation, slander, or other such crimes). All posted messages are the sole property of their respective authors. The maintainer does retain the right to remove any message posts for whatever reasons. People that post messages to this forum are not to libel/slander nor in any other way depict a company, entity, individual(s), or service in a false light; should they do so, the legal consequences are theirs alone. Bizcommunity.com will disclose authors' IP addresses to authorities if compelled to do so by a court of law.