Since the onset of the coronavirus global pandemic, South African's stress levels have gone through the roof, increasing by a staggering 56%.2 While we can't always change what's happening in the world around us, we can change the way we react.
The good news is that we can all do a few minor things to help us shift our energy and cope better!
Firstly, it's important to know what stress is and how it can affect the body. Simply put, stress is how the brain and body respond to any demand or challenge. We all experience stress differently and a work-related change or a significant trauma can end up being stressful.3
Major stress can affect your health because the body never receives a clear signal to return to normal functioning. Some people may experience digestive issues, headaches, sleeplessness, sadness, anger, or irritability. Over time, continued stress may cause more serious health problems.3
CBD works in synergy with the body's endocannabinoid system, activating specific brain receptors as a result of their interaction4. It can be used to assist with the relief of symptoms associated with stress, without causing psychomotor slowing or altering mood. It is not psychoactive and is a potent antioxidant.5
ACDO CBD Stress6 provides therapeutic effect with 20 mg CBD per dose, which is the maximum daily dose that is legally allowed in South Africa.7 There's more good news! ADCO CBD Stress6 is free from THC and sugar, and each batch is laboratory tested and quality controlled to ensure that you get quality CBD at the right dose every time!
The MCT (medium-chain triglyceride) carrier oil with added vitamin E contained in ADCO CBD Stress6 drops is one of the best carrier oils to use because it is easy to digest and absorb. MCT is also a popular supplement additive because it has a long shelf life and does not need refrigeration.8
In addition to adding ADCO CBD Stress into your daily life, four other ways to easing stress include:
4. Get enough sleep: A lack of sleep can exasperate stress and have a wide range of health consequences, hindering daily functioning and adversely affecting longevity.10 Experts recommend that people aim for seven to nine hours of sleep a night, depending on their age and other factors.
If you are suffering from symptoms associated with stress, talk to your health care provider or a health professional. Effective treatments can help if your stress is affecting your life adversely.
Trusted, reliable, reputable ADCO CBD products are available from the ADCO CBD online store – https://www.adcocbd.co.za/shop as well as independent pharmacies and selected Clicks and Dis-Chem stores. For more information visit: www.adcocbd.co.za and join the conversations on Facebook and Instagram. #ADCOCBD #onlineshopping #healthandwellness #lifestyle #sleep #relax
1. Pisanti S, Malfitano AM, Ciaglia E, et al. Cannabidiol: State of the art and new challenges for therapeutic applications. Pharmacol Ther 2017;175:133-150.
2. Issued by Meropa Communications on behalf of Pharma Dynamics. South Africans’ stress levels have shot up by 56% since start of pandemic according to survey. November 2020. Access date : 27 August 2021 | https://pharmadynamics.co.za/south-africans-stress-levels-have-shot-up-by-56-since-start-of-pandemic-according-to-survey/
3. Written by the National Institute of Mental Health – 5 things you should know about stress. Publication No. 19-MH-8109. [cited 2020 Feb 10]; Access date: 27 August 2021 | Available at: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/stress/19-mh-8109-5-things-stress_142898.pdf.
4. Blessing EM, Steenkamp MM, Manzanares J. Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for anxiety disorders. Neurotherapeutics 2015;12:825–836.
5. Devinsky O, Cilio MR, Cross H, et al. Cannabidiol: Pharmacology and potential therapeutic role in epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders. Epilepsia 2014;55(6):791–802.
6. ADCO CBD Stress. Professional information leaflet. 25 November 2019.
7. Department of Health, Government Gazette. Regulation Gazette No. 11118; 22 May 2020. Amendments.
8. Using MCT as a Carrier Oil for CBD. Ingredi.com [cited 2019 Jul 10]. Last accessed: 19 October 2021 | Available at: https://ingredi.com/blog/using-mct-as-a-carrier-oil-for-cbd/
9. Issued by BMC on behalf of Joseph Firth and colleagues. Food and mood: how do diet and nutrition affect mental wellbeing? Published 29 June 2020. Last accessed: 19 October 2021. Available at: https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2382
10. Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Sleep Medicine and Research; Colten HR, Altevogt BM, editors. Sleep Disorders and Sleep Deprivation: An Unmet Public Health Problem. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2006. 3, Extent and Health Consequences of Chronic Sleep Loss and Sleep Disorders. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK19961/