One Show Awards
More One Show Awards news...Submit news
ADC 99th Annual Awards Week: 68 Cube winners in Motion/Film/Gaming Craft and Publication Design
A total of 68 Cubes were presented in Motion/Film/Gaming Craft and Publication Design on the fourth day of the week-long online ADC 99th Annual Awards.
Screengrab from Youtube video.
Best of Discipline winner in Motion/Film/Gaming was TBWA\Media Arts Lab with Pulse Films and Framestore, all in Los Angeles, for Apple “Bounce”. In Publication Design, FCB Chicago with Lord + Thomas and The Mill, both Chicago, was awarded Best of Discipline for “The Gun Violence History Book” on behalf of Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence. It was the second Best of Discipline win for the work, which was also recognised earlier this week in Experiential Design.
Leading ADC Gold Cube winners for the day with two each were antoni garage Berlin (both for Mercedes-Benz “Bertha Benz: The Journey That Changed Everything”), Serviceplan Germany Munich (both for Meter Group “Made in Fukushima.”) and TBWA\Media Arts Lab Los Angeles (both for Apple “Bounce”). The New York Times Magazine won one Gold, four Silver and two Bronze Cubes.
Winners in other disciplines are being announced each day this week, accompanied by daily Instagram Live conversations between ADC 99th jury members and the creatives behind the biggest winning works.
ADC Gold Cube winners for the fourth day of the ADC 99th Annual Awards are as follows. Please go here to download a pdf of all Cube and Merit winners for the day.
Motion/Film/Gaming Craft (10 Gold, 10 Silver, 21 Bronze, 32 Merit)
ADC Gold Cubes went to:
- antoni garage with Anorak, both in Berlin, “Bertha Benz: The Journey That Changed Everything” for Mercedes-Benz in Craft in Motion / Film - Cinematography
- antoni garage with Anorak, both in Berlin, “Bertha Benz: The Journey That Changed Everything” for Mercedes-Benz in Craft in Motion / Film - Editing
- Art Camp Brooklyn “Thom Yorke - 'Last I Heard’ ” for XL Records in Motion / Film - Music Video
- Bob the Robot with Cocoa and Carat Finland, all in Helsinki, “A Classic You Can Count On” for Saarioinen Oy in Craft in Motion / Film - Use of Music / Sound
- Buck with TBWA\Media Arts Lab. Both in Los Angeles, “Wonderful Tools” for Apple in Craft in Motion / Film - Motion Graphics
- Final Cut with Droga5 and Significant Others, all in New York, and Furlined Los Angeles “The Truth Is Worth It: Fearlessness (Isis)” for The New York Times in Craft in Motion / Film - Editing
- Gentilhomme Montréal “Coachella for Tierra Whack in Innovation
- TBWA\Media Arts Lab Los Angeles “Bounce” for Apple in Craft in Motion / Film - Special Effects
- TBWA\Media Arts Lab with Pulse Films and Framestore, all in Los Angeles, “Bounce” for Apple in Craft in Motion / Film - Short Video - Single
- Wizz/Quad Group Clichy with Brand Station and NKI, both in Paris, for the film “Poulehouse” in Craft in Motion / Film - Animation
Publication Design (7 Gold, 8 Silver, 10 Bronze, 31 Merit)
ADC Gold Cubes went to:
- Beehive Books with Headcase Design, both in Philadelphia, for its own “Madness In Crowds” in Books - Image-Driven - Single
- FCB with Lord + Thomas and The Mill, all in Chicago, “The Gun Violence History Book” for Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence in Design for Good - Publication Design
- Michele Salati Hong Kong with Córdova Canillas Barcelona “With” for Zurich University of the Arts in Magazines - Magazine Full Issue - Series
- Minmin Qu & Qian Jiang Nanjing “The Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge Memory” for Jiangsu Art Museum in Books - Image-Driven - Single
- Serviceplan Germany Munich “Made in Fukushima.” for Meter Group in Design for Good - Publication Design
- Serviceplan Germany Munich “Made in Fukushima.” for Meter Group in Books - Limited Edition / Private Press / Special Format - Single
- The New York Times Magazine Labs New York for its own “The New York Times for Kids” in Newspapers - Full Issue - Series
"There’s only a handful of award shows that really excite me, and the ADC Awards is one of them,” said Pum Lefebure, co-founder/chief creative officer, Design Army, Washington DC and One Club Board member.
While the format will be very different this year the legacy and prestige of the ADC Awards will endure far into the future. I really look forward to celebrating the ADC 100th Annual Awards next year...in person!The ADC 99th Annual Awards is part of The One Club for Creativity, the world’s leading nonprofit organisation supporting and celebrating the global creative community.
The One Club awards shows each have their distinct focus. ADC Annual Awards juries maintain their historic concentration as the champion for craft, design and innovation, while The One Show judges focus on creativity of ideas and quality of execution.