Marketing & Media trends
- Adidas Originals and the Lego Group have collaborated yet again, and are presenting a new take on the classic Superstar silhouette. Launching alongside the playful Adidas Originals Lego Superstar sneaker is a buildable Superstar Lego brick model.
- According to a recent survey, only 22% of South African businesses are aware of privacy laws governing their marketing activities, despite the Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) set to take effect on 1 July 2021.
- "As a young, Black female, I believe it's not only important to service clients but also to open up the digital floor to much needed conversations so that the campaigns we work on bring about real change," says Nombulelo Malinga, founder and director of Zizi Digital, which specialises in social media marketing and offers 360 digital consulting service. Evan-Lee Courie
- What does the future hold for women of colour in the advertising industry?
- New commercial station Hot 102.7FM announces on-air lineup from 1 July 2021
- The fine art of building a brand for modern traditionalists
- Adidas shares glimpse of immersive new Sandton flagship
- #YouthMatters: Alex Krause's strategy to be successful
- PoPIA and social media posts
- South African Social Media Landscape Report 2021 event launch
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Construction & Engineering trends
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Samantha Naidoo
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
Three broad themes emerging in South Africa in 2021, which will require extensive input from the legal profession, are: changes to the economy and regulation prompted by Covid-19; moves by government and the private sector to stimulate economic recovery; and a greater focus on corporate responsibility and consumer protection...
Putting the brakes on business travel and physical offices due to tech transformation...
Johan Botes 11 Jan 2021
#BizTrends2021: 'Wealth tax' unlikely to be government policy in near future as pressure on tax base mounts
Looking back at 2020, the most significant development on the tax front must certainly have been government's tax relief measures aimed at helping businesses mitigate the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic...
Albertus Marais 6 Jan 2021
In the midst of the planetary emergency of climate change, Covid-19 is testing modern civilisation's preparedness for shocks, across the spheres of finance, economics and technology; global, national and regional governance; global and population health; social cohesion and food security. This is according to Baker McKenzie's new report, Unprecedented: Converging Crises...
Wildu du Plessis 6 Jan 2021
We've compiled our annual #BestofBiz 2020 lists across all our industries featuring our most popular articles, most-read contributors and brand press offices with the most views. Discover the most read content on Bizcommunity's Legal site over the past year below...
Congratulations to the SME companies who have won full-page BizListing entries in Bizcommunity's business directory...
Bizcommunity.com 26 Oct 2020
There's never been a better time to rewrite the future or a better time to come on board to sponsor BizTrends...
Bizcommunity.com 14 Sep 2020
If you are a director of a company engaged publicly you need to examine your role, responsibilities and potential liability as you go into 2020 because director's liability is expected to increase. This expectation is confirmed by the fact that claims against directors and officers liability insurers increased in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue markedly.
Patrick Bracher 22 Jan 2020
Drones are becoming part of everyday life for people and businesses. The potential private and commercial applications are endless. But there are very few licenced commercial drone operators in the country, with many users operating drones illegally because of the cost and complexity of compliance. The authorities simply do not have the means to enforce compliance in all but the most egregious offences...
Kiasha Nagiah 13 Jan 2020
South Africa is experiencing a period of prolonged political and economic uncertainty, but the country's commitment to improving the local investment environment, combined with signs of future economic improvement, have resulted in increases in M&A value...
Morne van der Merwe and Wildu du Plessis 8 Jan 2020
Mining remains one of the major contributors to the South African economy. In 2019, the mining industry saw a number of exciting developments. More interesting developments lie ahead...
Athi Jara 6 Jan 2020
New expectations of transparency and authenticity in business means things like organisational purpose, brand stories, how your company does things, what it believes in and what it stands for, can all play a part in how your company sees itself and how it is seen by others...
Bizcommunity.com 2 Oct 2019
Your invitation to the first Trend Report of the new decade!..
Bizcommunity.com 29 Aug 2019