|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, University Estate|
|Company:||Oasis Group Holdings|
Job descriptionThe Compliance Officer is required to monitor and report on the ongoing compliance of the firm and its portfolios with the legal and regulatory environment. Key legal functions are to ensure that the interests of the company and its clients’ are protected in respect of contractual arrangements. The Candidate is expected to set the appropriate deadlines and ensure that all deadlines in respect of Board meetings and statutory and tax filing have been adhered to.
- Act under the supervision of the Senior Compliance Officer in the implementation of compliance review programmes.
- Ensure compliance across a broad spectrum of regulatory requirements includingCollective Investment Schemes Control Act.
- Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, FAIS Category I, II, and III regulated services.
- Companies Act
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act
- Pension Funds Act
- Long Term Insurance Act
- Financial Markets Act
- Protection of Personal Information Act
- Electronic Communications and Transactions Act
- ASISA Standards and Codes.
- King Code of Corporate Governance
- Code for Responsible Investing in South Africa
- Principles of Responsible Investment
- Cadbury Report (UK)
- Ensure that all the regulatory and other internal or external reporting requirements applicable to the relevant companies have been adhered to. Ensure detailed policies, procedures, systems and controls are implemented.
- Implement the compliance risk matrix across various regulated companies plus regulated entities in global jurisdictions and perform detailed compliance reviews on risk areas.
- Implement risk management under instruction of Senior Compliance Officer.
- Perform regulatory, business process, and systems compliance reviews in accordance with compliance monitor.
- Produce regulatory compliance reports to be used externally and for management.
- Update compliance policies where necessary.
- Monitor compliance through periodic and regular reviews.
- Review legal agreements to ensure that the statutory compliance requirements are met and risks have been mitigated.
- Apply compliance process across multiple jurisdictions showing an understanding of different compliance requirements.
- Maintain registers and detailed regulatory and compliance monitors and ensure these are strictly implemented and adhered to.
- Remain abreast of all changes in the regulatory environment in South Africa and internationally.
- Provide technical input on proposed changes to legislation and compliance requirements.
- Required to report to, and make recommendations with regard to the development of policies and procedures to improve compliance function.
- Prepare required reports to regulatory authorities. Comply with Anti all Money Laundering: “Know your Customer’ requirements and documentation in respect of various types of clients dependent upon the relevant jurisdiction of the operating entity, and includes: Criminal Justice Act (Ireland), FICA Act (South Africa), FATCA, UN Security Council guidance notes, and any other applicable legislation or regulations (both in South Africa and globally). Ensure investment mandate compliance on a daily basis through the use of the relevant compliance systems.
- The candidate is expected to readily understand all the compliance systems and become proficient therein and is expected to work on the system on a daily basis.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the relevant laws, regulations, investment mandates, investment restrictions and benchmarks applicable to the various portfolios.
- Ensures that all the reporting requirements as envisaged in each particular jurisdiction are adhered to. Review the breaches / incident register and identify advertent and inadvertent breaches, and ensure that it has been reported to the relevant parties based on company procedure, and having done so after proper investigation and management review.
- Review the training register to check whether comprehensive training programs have been implemented, and whether all the relevant personnel have been trained.
- Minimum B.Com with LLB Degrees.
- Masters qualification in Law preferable.
- Admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa
Posted on 04 Jul 07:28