- These are the Top 10 African Innovators selected for SBC AfriTech
- Are you failing to prepare your workforce for AI?
- This is risk managers' new weapon
|Get jobs on your |
Netcare: Night Manager
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, Kuils River, Northern Suburbs|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionROLE SUMMARY
The Night Manager will assume overall responsibility for the hospital ensuring a safe environment to all patients, staff and stakeholders.
The incumbent will also be responsible for all operational activities in the absence of other Managers. In accordance the incumbent will be accountable for coordinating capacity building, mentoring and training.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (Operational process improvement and efficiencies)
- Ensure the effective management of all nursing related services and activities, according to the policies, procedures and objectives of Netcare
- Assist the Nursing Manager and Unit Managers to develop and implement action plans to improve problem areas and to monitor progress at night
- Monitor results of the Staff Survey and assist the Nursing Manager and Unit Managers to address problem areas and staff concerns
- Liaise with agencies to provide additional staff where required
- Monitor quality care delivered by all staff including agency staff
BEST AND SAFEST PRODUCT
- Governance and quality management
- Ensure that the nursing standards, quality assurance and risk management is maintained in the hospital.
- Determine acuity and workload of all wards/units and allocate staff appropriately.
- Identify quality improvement opportunities and ensure appropriate strategy and quality improvement initiatives are developed and measured.
- Ensure the principles of infection prevention and all standard precautions are adhered to.
- Implement group quality initiatives.
- Risk management
- Investigate all negative incidents and ensure appropriate capturing on IMS
- Monitor safety standards in accordance with the Machine and Occupational Safety Act (Act 6 of 1983). Report all accidents and incidents to Line Manager / Safety Representatives
- Ensure compliance with protocols, policies and Acts
- Ensure that all equipment is in working order and properly maintained
- Control of asset register
- Patient care
- Develop and continue quality circles in the departments
- Co-ordinate and monitor all nursing activities in the hospital
- Ensure smooth delivery of care by regular ward rounds and audits
- Monitor the management of all medication
- Conduct regular checks of emergency equipment
- Facilitate patient referrals where required
- Liaise with the treating Doctors and ensure their orders are carried out
ACCELERATING TRANSFORMATION (Transformation targets)
- Ensure achievement of transformation goals as set out by the Transformation Committee
GROWING WITH PASSIONATE PEOPLE
- Actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals
- Active involvement in own professional development to maintain a satisfactory level of skill and knowledge
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of current research in the applicable discipline
- Create an environment where staff are aware of the role they play in the provision of quality nursing care and their value to the organization
- Assign decision making, authority, tasks and responsibility to appropriate persons in order to maximize organisation and employee effectiveness.
- Develop a talented nursing workforce.
- Facilitate a culture that is supportive of talent management and the initiation of required implementations to hone nursing talent
- Facilitate effective change and conflict management
- Ensure professional conduct and appearance of staff
- Maintain the process of Maximising Performance and Balanced Score Cards.
- Maintain a student friendly, academic environment in the hospital at night and work closely with the Clinical Facilitation Department to address problems and to implement solutions where applicable.
- Encourage in-service training for nursing staff based on their Individual Development Plans
- Monitor absenteeism rates of nursing staff and assist the Nursing Manager and Unit Managers to manage appropriately
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial
- Create and maintain a positive environment where the differences of others are recognized, understood, and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goal
Strategic business alignment
- Maintain alignment with hospital Nursing Strategy
NETCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company's approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group's Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.
- In the event of a candidate having any disability that may impair the individual's ability to perform the job function, the candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can be made.
- By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful) and any other related purposes and that therefore Netcare will not be in breach of the POPI ACT(Protection Of Personal Information Act 2013, Act No 4 of 2013) . Please note that your information will thus be processed for recruitment and related purposes to assess the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will be used for such related purposes and that we hereby have your consent hereto.
- If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.
- Please e-mail a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternately send a whatsapp/SMS to contact number 081 812 3897 if you fulfill the criteria detailed above.
- A relevant nursing qualification (Diploma in General Nursing/ B Cur Degree) or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification
- Registration with SANC as a Registered Nurse
- Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable health care legislations
- A qualification in BLS/ALS is beneficial
- 2 or more years’ experience in a private hospital setting
- Experience in clinical leadership
Posted on 09 Jul 15:53
+27 81 812 3897
- Staffing Manager/Campaign/Accounts Manager, Cape Town, Woodstock, ELEVATOR
- Project Manager, Cape Town, Muizenberg
- Sales Manager, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- Digital Senior Account Manager, Cape Town, Liquorice
- Digital Project Manager/Technical, Cape Town, Liquorice
- Talent Manager, Cape Town, Western Cape, Liquorice
- Digital Account Manager, Cape Town, CBD, Liquorice
- Managerial Data Scientist, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Logistics Asset Protection Manager, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Marketing Manager, George
- CRM Manager, Cape Town, Salt River
- Sales/Project Manager, Cape Town
- Events Manager, Cape Town, City Bowl, Topco Media
- Project Manager, Cape Town
- Acccount manager, Cape Town, Harrington James and Associates
- Merchandise Planning Manager – Fashion Brand, Cape Town, Epping 2 Industrial, Wear SA
- Internal Communications Manager, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Capfin
- Trainee Managers, Cape Town, CBD, Capital Growth
- Store Managers, Oudtshoorn, Rage
- Commercial Manager/Senior Planner, Cape Town, Green Point, West Coast Personnel
- Digital Account Manager, Cape Town, Ninety9cents
- Netcare: Unit Manager – Cath Lab, Cape Town, Kuils River, Northern Suburbs, Rhens Consulting
- Junior-Intermediate Project Manager, Cape Town, Datafin
- General Manager - Operations, Cape Town, Epping 2
- Senior Operations/Traffic Manager, Cape Town, CBD, Viv Gordon Placements
- QA Manager, Cape Town
- Google Adwords/Social Media Manager, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs
- Senior Account Manager, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Community Manager, Cape Town, Woodstock, Ogilvy Cape Town