- These are the Top 10 African Innovators selected for SBC AfriTech
- Are you failing to prepare your workforce for AI?
- This is risk managers' new weapon
|Get jobs on your |
Netcare: Theatre Unit Manager
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Reference:||#Netcare UP - UM|
Job descriptionAn exciting role as Theatre Unit Manager has become available at Medicross Uptington
The Theatre Unit Manager will be responsible for coordinating improved quality nursing care by ensuring compliance to professional and ethical practice.
The incumbent will also be responsible for monitoring and ensuring that nursing care and service delivery is implemented and practiced within a multi-disciplinary quality assurance team. In accordance the incumbent will be accountable for coordinating capacity building, mentoring and training.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage HR costs in such a way as to ensure cost effective quality care including overtime, temporary staff etc.
- Control of asset register
- Manage and monitor debtors days
- Manage all costs emanating from the Theatre
- Conduct Stock Management, Stock Control and Managing consumables.
- Order stock from preferred suppliers and conduct cycle counts
- Manage charging and billing, check that patient information is correct, check CPD and ICD 10 codes and Medical Aid and Authorisation information.
- Evaluate equipment lifespan versus risk and Development of Capital expenditure Budget
- Complete Capex equipment budget, compile annual Capex budget as Theatre and Doctor requirement.
Procurement process management
- Ensure Compliance to procure from Netcare Preferred Suppliers
- Ensure correct procurement process is followed as per the Standard Operating Procedure Conduct Stock Management, Stock Control and Managing consumables.
- Order stock from preferred suppliers and conduct cycle counts
- Ensure accurate charging and billing, patient information, CPT and ICD 10 codes and Medical Aid and Authorisation information.
- Monitor weekly update of Medprax file
- Ensure that all GRV’s are done on a daily basis
Working capital management
- Enforce adherence to Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all outstanding monies are collected
- Manage the maintenance of the debtor book i.r.o. classification of debtors, small balance write-offs, etc.
- Conduct monthly calculation of debtor days and collection targets
- Monitor and control bad debts
- Ensure that all cash is banked and reconciled on a daily basis
- Manage and maintain Remittance in Transit recon on a monthly basis
- Ensure follow-up process for rejections on medical aid remittance
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures regarding the management of stock
- Conduct monthly calculation and management of stock days
- Ensure daily controlling of stock profit percentage
- Perform Strategic planning and set objectives to ensure that operational requirements are met including quality patient care
- Conduct short, medium and long term strategic planning with the team and compile an annual Theatre Strategic plan
- Assess objectives in line with the EPD process to monitor progress.
- Review Action Plan to ensure that objectives are met timeously
- Ensure the unit is providing safe, cost effective quality patient care in line with the Clinical Governance strategy and evidence based practice
- Evaluate the patient’s journey through patient experience and stakeholder input
- Manage patient complaints and satisfaction index through Cirmit
- Implement system to determine the quality of nursing services on daily basis.
- Provide the relevant patient information and education with patients on discharge through use of Intranet and as per Doctor’s protocol/s.
- Evaluate nursing quality indicators and clinical outcomes
- Communicate effectively with patients regarding their care
- Promote health and well- being of patients and staff
- Ensure the principles of infection prevention and all standard precautions are adhered to
- Implementing group quality initiatives
- Manage patient’s belongings and valuables
- Motivate and maintain a positive customer service orientation with all staff
- Compile and update community resource lists
- Capital expenditure and asset management
- Ensure compliance to company policies & procedures
- Manage capital expenditure according to annual budget allocation
- Ensure physical asset verification of assets on an annual basis
- Manage and maintain physical facility infrastructure continuously
- Provide input for replacement of assets when compiling the budget for the new year
- Appointed as 16.2 for Medicross Theatre Facility
- Coordinate and manage the process regarding the completion of the National Core Standards on an annual basis
- Ensure that the gaps for all vital and extreme criteria are closed and maintained
- Coordinate and manage the process regarding the completion of the Medicross CSA’s on an annual basis
- Review DOH reports and compile an action plan to address and resolve any non-compliance or issues raised
- Ensure the generic OHS risk assessment has been completed and actions plans are identified to resolve any non-compliance
- Arrange monthly OHS meetings to address all risks and ensure actions plans are monitored and implemented
- Maintain a register of OHS meeting minutes
- Review and ensure implementation of all Quality Directives
- Distribute all Quality Alerts and ensure action and implementation
- Conduct daily inspection of the facility and manage the maintenance register
- Schedule all repairs and maintenance tasks/jobs to be effected by contractors
- Approve all repairs and maintenance purchase requisitions
- Supervise all building and facility services related activities
- Conduct physical inspection of work completed by contractors and sign off of on all job cards
- Complete monthly variance reporting on all repairs and maintenance
- Ensure proper maintenance of facility to provide a professional environment to practitioners, patients and staff
Security and access control
- Organise Theatre to ensure a therapeutic environment
- Ensure all categories of staff in Theatre, implement Medicross Theatre Policies and Procedures.
- Conduct Annual Training Needs Analysis as per the Workplace Skills Plan Requirement
- Ensure a written daily task allocation /schedule is available in Theatre
- Ensure staff working according to scope of practice attend in-service training programme and participate in staff development.
- Plan and organise staffing, including duty hours, time keeping and leave planning as per KRONOS Timekeeping System
- Manage equipment, planned maintenance programme for equipment service schedules
- Ensure achievement of transformation goals as set out by the National Transformation Committee
- Establish and arrange for Transformation Committee Forum meetings in line with the Terms of Reference
- Identification of potential talent
- Ensure continuous education of line managers in respect of the Diversity business case
- Conduct Employment Equity Planning - Alignment of EE targets with National targets
- Create an environment where staff are aware of the role they play in the provision of quality customer care and their value to the organization
- Assign decision making, authority, tasks and responsibility to appropriate persons in order to maximize organisation and employee effectiveness
- Facilitate a culture that is supportive of talent management and the initiation of required implementations to hone talent
- Facilitate effective change and conflict management
- Ensure professional conduct and appearance of staff
- Promote staff wellbeing
- Establish a healthy relationship with the managers of all departments to ensure operational efficiency
- Ensure full staff complement for all departments as per the agreed staffing structure
- Monitor and control all variable staff cost by pre approving all overtime and temp cost for all departments on the Time and Attendance system
- Ensure monthly variance reporting on variable staff cost to HR
- Manage the recruitment process and ensure compliance to Company Policy & Procedure
- Manage all disciplinary actions in line with Group Policy & Procedure
- Ensure timeous and accurate submission of all HR related forms relating to new starters and resignations
- Arrange a monthly meeting for all relevant staff to discuss issues and give feedback
- Arrange weekly meetings for clinic management staff
- Control and manage absenteeism and ensure updated records
- Identify training needs of staff and arrange appropriate training if needed
- Ensure proper induction and on-boarding for all new staff members in line with Group Policy & Procedure
- Ensure relevant formal training for all new staff members
- Determine Performance criteria for all direct reports in relation to the EPD Process.
- Measure deliverables for all staff e.g. meeting of deadlines, improvement of debtor book, etc.
- Ensure compliance to uniform policy and maintain accurate register for allocations
- Ensure business continuity by planning and pre approving the leave of staff
NETCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company's approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group's Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.
- In the event of a candidate having any disability that may impair the individual's ability to perform the job function, the candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can be made.
- By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful) and any other related purposes and that therefore Netcare will not be in breach of the POPI ACT(Protection Of Personal Information Act 2013, Act No 4 of 2013) . Please note that your information will thus be processed for recruitment and related purposes to assess the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will be used for such related purposes and that we hereby have your consent hereto.
- If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.
- Please e-mail a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternately contact us on 081 812 3897 if you fulfill the criteria.
- A relevant nursing qualification
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurs
- Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable health care legislations
- Diploma Operating Room Science or equivalent qualification Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable health care legislations, essential
- Degree or Diploma in business , health or finance, advantageous
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years managerial experience
- An intermediate level of Computer proficiency
- Experience in clinical leadership
- Sound financial knowledge and the ability to interpret financial data
Posted on 31 May 11:40
+27 21 590 4569