- Many South African jobs could soon be automated, and the country isn't prepared
- Top execs are coming home to lead
- Seedstars picks 9 startups for Rwanda competition
|Get jobs on your |
Lecturer - Social Anthropology
Arts and Social Sciences
Sociology and Social Anthropology
Lecturer: Social Anthropology
For information on the Department, please visit our website: http://www0.sun.ac.za/sociology/
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching;
- Postgraduate supervision;
- Active participation in the research, publication and teaching activities of the Department;
- Administrative tasks associated with these activities.
- An MA in Social Anthropology or cognate discipline;
- An active research programme;
- A demonstrated commitment to publishing in academic journals;
- A strong background in anthropological perspectives.
- A PhD, or close to completion of PhD in Social Anthropology or cognate discipline;
- Experience in teaching Social Anthropology at undergraduate level;
- Experience in postgraduate supervision;
- A publication record;
- Expertise in African anthropology and/or anthropology of health, development and science.
Closing date: 20 July 2018
Enquiries regarding this post: Prof. Steven Robins on 021 808 2090, or at
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 04 Jul 11:31
- Senior Lecturer/Lecturer - Biochemistry, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga - Redefining Success
- Lecturer - Sociology, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga - Redefining Success
- Business Marketing Lecturer, Cape Town, Bellville Business Park
- In-House TTL Graphic Designer, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Communications Director, Cape Town
- Senior Consultant - Strategic Communications, Cape Town, CBD
- Senior Fire Systems/Audio Visual/Communications Equipment/Network, Cape Town, Claremont, West Coast Personnel
- Communications Intern, Cape Town, Pinelands, Southern Suburbs, Ramsay Media
- Part-Time Communications/Development Associate, Cape Town
- Marketing communications internship., Cape Town, Claremont